Thursday, November 29, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

I'm doing something a little different today -- linking up to "pretty, happy, funny, real", hosted by Like Mother Like Daughter. Auntie Leila had surgery over Thanksgiving weekend and is home recovering now. LMLD has been a huge inspiration to me as a mother/homemaker. I often search through the archives for advice when I need it. The tagline: "Because it's important to maintain the collective memory." So true!

{pretty}
This is my "Auntie Leila" teapot. I think it's really pretty. 


{happy}
Auntie, I hope this warm cup of cyber tea makes you happy!

{funny}

I heard this joke last week and it made me think of the kind of jokes that kids make up on the spot. You know -- the kind we parents have to fake laugh for over and over again, until suddenly the whole scene IS funny and the laughter turns from forced to real!

MATH PROBLEM: If you have 4 pencils and I have 7 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? 

ANSWER: Purple -- because aliens don't wear hats!

{real}

I really hope you get well soon.
And THANK YOU for inspiring me to capture the context of contentment in everyday life!

Love and prayers,
Adriana

14 comments:

  1. That was super sweet! I'm sure she loved that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way- I love searching the archives of LMLD- whenever I have a question like Where should I start my cleaning? (the bedroom!), she has an answer

    this was a sweet post and I'm sure she will be touched

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was introduced to LMLD by a friend who referred to Auntie Leila as her "cyber mentor". Of course I was intrigued! After a year or so of following the blog I can say honestly that I feel the same way. :)

      Something else, I'm glad you stopped by because I've been meaning to tell you, I visited your blog a few weeks ago. I was trying to learn more about the Russian Orthodox faith. I've been writing a long series about the influence of the Bible in classic literature. Since I just finished Anna Karenina, the Orthodox Church and traditions are front and center right now. If you ever have a chance to drop by for one of my Sunday posts, I'd be honored to receive any insights you have. :)

      Delete
  3. Awww, this is so sweet! Speaking as Auntie Leila's daughter, I can affirm that that definitely is an Auntie Leila sort of tea pot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by Deirdre. :)
      Last year, my husband dropped the lid to the teapot I received as a wedding gift (and had used almost daily up to that point). For months, we searched online for a replacement lid to no avail. Then one day I was on LMLD and I saw your mother's teapot. I hinted to my husband that I'd LOVE to have one like Auntie Leila's. (Imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery, of course.) I think he did a really good job!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for your lovely post about my daughter. We were so worried but now she is on the mend. Thanks be to God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very sweet & thoughful post...I'm sure you have expressed the sentiments of many; me included! I liked your cyber tea (it made me happy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only we could all enjoy tea together in person!
      I enjoyed my visit to your blog today. :)

      Delete
  6. I'm gonna tell that joke today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thanks for the get well message, Adriana! You are a dear! This really touched me. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Still praying for your recovery. Take care! :)

      Delete

Comments make my day! I read each one and try to respond within 24 hrs. If you choose to comment anonymously, please leave your first name, pen name, or nickname in the comment box along with your comment. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Blessings,

Adriana