Sunday, June 16, 2013

Homemade is Best ♥ Happy Father's Day


Hi Friends,
Hope you all are having a great Father's Day weekend!

Thought I'd share this photo of the homemade card my daughter made for my dad.


She also designed and hand-stitched this pillow for him. It's kind of hard to see in the sunlight. She chose blue stripes for the case and red gingham for the cross applique.


It was a treat to visit Dad at my parents' farm yesterday. 

Dad and two of my sons on a stroll around the farm.
Dad is a beekeeper. This week my parents will begin processing honey. 
He has about twenty hives.

His favorite spot in the whole world. 



Searching for toads.



At this moment I'm baking these cupcakes with my little ones for their Daddy. He's an avid golfer. On Saturday he went to a Father's Day golf outing and won four prizes! So the kids and I agreed that these cupcakes would be perfect.

Hope you all have had a relaxing weekend with the fathers in your lives! 

Blessings! 

Adriana

P.S. My friend Christina Joy wrote a sweet tribute to her dad with a nod to classic literature. Check it out.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures -- your kids will look back at them and remember what a wonderful day you had. I love the mini-tractor picture: the girl on the front looks like she's in "damsel in distress mode", which seems to have worked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeannie. Yes, they've made a lot of great memories at my Mom & Dad's place. It's really a child's paradise! :)

      Now that you mention it, my niece does look like "The Damsel!" That's funny. To be fair though, she took her turn pushing too!

      Delete
  2. I hope you had a wonderful Father's Day :) Homemade gifts are simply the BEST. My youngest daughter (13) baked a strawberry rhubarb pie for her dad, all by herself. I was impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that IS impressive! Sounds scrumptious!

      Can't wait until my kids start making pies all by themselves! Oh my! :)

      Delete
  3. That looks like a wonderful day, Adriana. Did they find any toads?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I read each one and try to respond within 24 hrs. If you choose to comment anonymously, please leave your first name, pen name, or nickname in the comment box along with your comment. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Blessings,

Adriana