Friday, May 9, 2014

Postcard: God is Near

Dear Friend,

Just a quick postcard today -- I've much to share with you and very little time to do so right now! Soon I'll post some pictures and thoughts about the spring silent retreat I took last weekend. I just finished reading Bird by Bird: Some Thoughts on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott and The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence.

Two of my blog friends have posted the Liebster Award posts I nominated them for last month. I know you will enjoy reading their answers to my eleven questions.

Sheena at Tabulyogang
Jeannie at Little House on the Circle

My children are excited about summer break starting in a few weeks. I'm working hard to overhaul the house so we'll have as much time as possible to play together this summer. My hands are flying! Brother Lawrence reminded me that this is my opportunity to commune with God in an intimate manner. As I busy myself with my humble domestic duties, God is near.

Hope you are well!

Love,
A

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, Adriana -- and for the reminder that God is close to us no matter what we're doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are certainly welcome, Jeannie! Love your Liebster Award post! :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out, Adriana(I'm copying Jeannie's comment)

    Was that the same retreat you had last year?

    I love Brother Lawrence's book. An affectionate conversation with God will delight you in a thousand and thousand ways - as brother lawrence would say. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure, Sheena!

    Yes, I went to the same retreat last October. It is put on twice a year by a group of seven women who call themselves "The Spiritual Encouragers."

    I'm not at all surprised that you love Brother Lawrence, Sheena. I had a feeling his thoughts would be right up your alley! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read quotes form Brother Lawrence and used his quotes in my posts too, but I've never read his collected sayings. You've got me thinking I should pop by the library and see if there's a copy available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the person who introduced me to Brother Lawrence, Tim, so I hope you will read his book. It's short & sweet.

      Delete

Comments make my day! I read each one and try to respond within 24 hrs. If you choose to comment anonymously, please leave your first name, pen name, or nickname in the comment box along with your comment. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Blessings,

Adriana