Sunday, June 15, 2014

Photo Journal: Spring Silent Retreat

Dear Friend,

My kids are home for the summer and our days are currently full of summerish delights. I nearly forgot that I promised you some pictures of the silent retreat I took at a local Jesuit center last month. Such a peaceful, refreshing experience for my spirit! On the day of the retreat I was recovering from a minor foot injury; I wasn't able to hike down to the river like I did in the autumn. I did make an attempt, but nearly wiped out on the narrow stone path downhill.  So instead, I propped my feet on my folding chair and cuddled under my blanket with a good book. After a couple hours I hobbled back to the pavilion and ate some homemade peanut butter cookies -- the first since my son was diagnosed with a peanut allergy over two years ago! It was hard to eat those cookies silently without groaning with pleasure. I spent the second half of the event in a swing with my journal. The spring blossoms were lovely. I felt grateful for the allergy pill that made the whole event possible. 


Baby food jar candle holder -- a gift from my daughter. Perfectly portable.














Hope you can find some silent moments of refreshment today!
Peace & Joy,
Adriana

P.S. Here are the links to my "Silent Retreat Series" from last October:

Part One: Learning the Ropes and Getting Settled

Part Two: How to Use a Labyrinth as a Prayer Tool

Part Three: Pictures for You

6 comments:

  1. So much peace and beauty, dear friend. I'm so glad you were able to experience this. :-) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krista. I hope to make it a semiannual tradition for a long time to come! :-)

      Delete
  2. So beautiful, Adriana! That photo with the white trees crossing in the centre is breathtaking. I also love the violets at the bottom of that tree. We have violets just taking over in our back yard b/c we are very lazy gardeners -- they make me think of God's love, or grace, which will persist and bloom in places we didn't even know it was planted! Thanks for giving us a taste of what you experienced on retreat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I will be reminded of God's persistent love & grace when I see wild violets too! Thank you for that, Jeannie!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for taking us on retreat with you, Adriana. Such a peaceful place to read and reflect and enjoy peanut butter cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a peanut butter cookie right now . . .
      Thanks for reading, Tim. :-)

      Delete

Comments make my day! I read each one and try to respond within 24 hrs. If you choose to comment anonymously, please leave your first name, pen name, or nickname in the comment box along with your comment. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Blessings,

Adriana