Sunday, November 2, 2014

Classics and the Bible Sunday






Dear Friend,

It feels like a good time to revive my "Classics & the Bible" blog with a new post. I've written about a biblical reference which is tossed out with sarcasm by Stephan Arkadyevich to Konstantin Levin as they ride in a carriage through Moscow on their way to visit Anna Karenina. Unpacking three short words was quite an interesting experience! You can read the post here.



Also, I recently wrote another guest piece for my friend Tim Fall's blog -- "Racial Reconcilation: One Ordination Day at a Time."

Out of all the preachers I greeted that day, there was one face which stood out above the rest. I remember him as taller than everyone else, but maybe he only appeared to be. He was gray and distinguished, certainly the oldest man in attendance. I placed my young white hand in his ancient brown one, a small dove in a large nest. His eyes were tender like the eyes of Christ. I felt as if he saw into me. Under the weight of his gaze my eyes moistened.

Hope your Sunday is worshipful and restful.

Blessings!

Adriana

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the reflection on Anna Karenina a lot, Adriana. Thanks too for writing that guest post for my place. It is a wonderful testimony to what God accomplishes with a kind word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a joy to post something on one of my favorite blogs. Thank you, Tim!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful your writing. I just say,"The Bible tells us that Jesus Christ came to do three things. He came to have my past forgiven, you get a purpose for living and a home in Heaven." Happy X-Mas!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    LivingHappyOnline

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I read each one and try to respond within 24 hrs. If you choose to comment anonymously, please leave your first name, pen name, or nickname in the comment box along with your comment. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Blessings,

Adriana