Friday, March 8, 2013

My Little Ember (Friday Quote)

This week, for my "Friday Quote," I've create a new cyber-sampler. This quote is from Listen: Finding God in the Story of Your Life by Keri Wyatt Kent. 

Permission is granted to pin this image to Pinterest.
Tolstoy pointed out that goodness -- true goodness -- is a miracle because it is outside the chain of cause and effect. An act is not good if there is a motive behind it or an expectation that a reward will come as a result of it.

When I cannot feel love -- when I cannot be good -- all I have to do is give God a tiny thing in faith: an ember of patience and grace. God takes my little ember and performs His miracle.


Have a blessed weekend, friends! See you Sunday for "Classics and the Bible Sundays."

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful job joining together Tolstoy, KWK and our faith as an offring to God.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tim. My heart has been challenged and blessed by this truth.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this quote. We were just talking at my church women's study yesterday about what constitutes a miracle. This fits right in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is every bit as miraculous as the parting of the Red Sea!

      I wonder if Nick would give permission to say "awesome" here. ;)

      Delete
    2. I think you should use it irregardless of his opinion. ;-)

      Delete
    3. Ever since he wrote that post I've just been aching to type, "awesome."

      Thanks, Jeannie.

      So that everyone can be in on the fun, here's the link to Nick McDonald's AWESOME post, "The 30 Most Abused Words in the English Language":

      http://scribblepreach.com/2013/03/05/from-the-vault-of-abused-words-literally/

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the new spring look! Many blessings to you and your family this weekend.
    Your devoted friend,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You noticed! Thank you!
      The "magazine" style was fun for a day, but it didn't feel like home. :)

      Delete
  4. I like this layout better!

    Keep the fire of love burning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice comment to wake up to this morning!

      Sending you a cyber-hug, friend! :)

      Delete

Comments make my day! I read each one and try to respond within 24 hrs. If you choose to comment anonymously, please leave your first name, pen name, or nickname in the comment box along with your comment. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Blessings,

Adriana