Friday, May 31, 2013

An Essential Writing Tip From Charlie Brown

{Thank you, Tim Fall, for directing me to this video today. This is SO me right now. :)}


If I start writing now
When I'm not really rested,
It could upset my thinking --
Which is not good at all!
I'll get a fresh start tomorrow.
And it's not due till Wednesday,
So I'll have all of Tuesday --
Unless something should happen.
Why does this always happen?
I should be outside playing!
Getting fresh air and sunshine!
I work best under pressure.
And there'll be lots of pressure
If I wait till tomorrow.
I should start writing now.
But if I start writing now,
When I'm not really rested,
It could upset my thinking --
Which is not good at all!

14 comments:

  1. I played Linus in our HS production of YaGM,CB (type-casting?). Not quite as well done as that video you linked, Adriana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a helpful reminder to me to chill when my daughter has an assignment due and takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to get it done. Breathe deep ... breathe deep ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nodding my head in agreement here! Ayyiyi! It makes a mother's eyes cross sometimes.

      Delete
  3. lol. This is the story of my (writing/school) life. Thanks for giving me an adorable articulation of my worst self-torture. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It was kind of Tim Fall to point me to it. He always knows how to make me smile. If you hang around his blog for any length of time, you'll see what I mean. :)

      Delete
  4. Well that about says it for me too! SO glad it's not just me....


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know you can relate, Brenda.

      LOVE your new profile picture! :)

      Delete
  5. PS... could I share your posting on my writing group blog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! this is me to the T! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, I feel like this sometimes! THis is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I read each one and try to respond within 24 hrs. If you choose to comment anonymously, please leave your first name, pen name, or nickname in the comment box along with your comment. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Blessings,

Adriana