Monday, August 26, 2013

Jane Eyre Synchro-Read Starts Today!




Good Morning Dear Readers!

It's Jane Eyre Day!

I am so pumped. I've been looking forward to this one for quite a while.

So here's how the Synchro-Read will work:

1. Go to my Classical Quest Facebook Page and click "like" if you haven't already.

2. Grab an unabridged copy of Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte.

3. Read as much as you are reasonably able to each day. Remember, I have five young children so this is not a high pressure thing! Most people can easily keep up with my pace.

4. I will try to post a status update for each chapter read. (If you haven't seen something in over 24 hours it probably means there is a stomach virus in my house.)

5. Feel free to read ahead. I promise I won't be mad at you! In fact, I encourage you to read ahead if you can.

6. Interact with me and other readers under the status update for each chapter. Write about how the chapter makes you feel. Share you favorite passages. Ask questions. You are even allowed to complain! Don't worry about being articulate. Just be yourself. Your thoughts matter.

7. If you come across an interesting article on the web about Jane Eyre, feel free to post it directly on the timeline.

8. Enjoy!

17 comments:

  1. Okay...I think I have a copy somewhere in this house...now to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I'm currently reading Don Quixote (about 1/4 in), but I don't think I can resist this invitation to read JE again!!! I'm pretty sure I'll jump in at some point, even if I'm not in sync. : ) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. We'll catch up with each other in the future. Enjoy your journey with the man from La Mancha! You've been wanting to complete that one for a long time. I look forward to hearing your thoughts about it -- as well as your memories of Spain! Would you consider writing a DQ themed guest post?

      Delete
  3. Oh have fun this with. I won't be joining as I'm reading a 'text' book for my upcoming memoir writing course which begins next week.





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda! I look forward to reading your memoir someday! :)

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed the P&P and Oliver re-reads to much that I just may join you on this! Jane Eyre is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tweeted via @_eHope and pinned to Never Enuff Books
    http://pinterest.com/faithopecherryt/never-enuff-books/
    best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It was kind of you to let me know! :)

      Delete
  6. I just finished reading a book (picking bones from ash) and I haven't read classics for a while, hmmm.
    i don't have a copy but i can read it online so yeah maybe ill join.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Can't wait to know your thoughts about it, Sheena! :)

      Delete
  7. I'm going to pass on the read-along, Adriana, but I posted a link to this post for my friends over at the Republic of Pemberley. Plenty of Bronte fans there and some might want to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my favorite classic (perhaps book) to date. I can't wait to get around to a re-read when I hit that point in my WEM journey. I'm planning on starting with Don Quixote in January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you stopped by to introduce yourself, Liz! A new WEMer! How exciting! I visited your blog this evening. Love the family picture. Looking forward to getting to know you better. :-) Blessings on your WEM journey!

      P.S. We are planning on wearing "I survived The Well Educated Mind" t-shirts when we finish.

      Delete

Comments make my day! I read each one and try to respond within 24 hrs. If you choose to comment anonymously, please leave your first name, pen name, or nickname in the comment box along with your comment. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Blessings,

Adriana