Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Blogiversary!



Dear Friend,

Today is my blogiversary!

And it's also Chocolate Cake Day . . .

And Mozart's birthday.

Such a special day.

To celebrate these wonderful events I'm firing up the ole blog, making my mother's chocolate cake buying a chocolate cake, and taking some time to practice Mozart's Sonata in C Major.



I've made a bit of progress on my quest in the last couple months.



Here's what my WEM novel list looks like now:

  1. Don Quixote – Miguel de Cervantes
  2. The Pilgrim's Progress - John Bunyan
  3. Gulliver's Travels - Jonathan Swift
  4. Pride and Predjudice - Jane Austen
  5. Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens
  6. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
  7. The Scarlet Letter – Nathaniel Hawthorne
  8. Moby-Dick - Herman Melville
  9. Uncle Tom’s Cabin – Harriet Beecher Stowe
  10. Madame Bovary - Gustave Flaubert
  11. Crime and Punishment – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  12. Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy  Leo Tolstoy
  13. The Return of the Native – Thomas Hardy
  14. The Portrait of a Lady -- Henry James
  15. Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain
  16. Red Badge of Courage – Stephen Crane
  17. Heart of Darkness – Joseph Conrad
  18. The House of Mirth – Edith Wharton
  19. The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
  20. Mrs. Dalloway – Virginia Woolf
  21. The Trial – Franz Kafka
  22. Native Son – Richard Wright
  23. The Stranger – Albert Camus
  24. 1984 – George Orwell
  25. Invisible Man – Ralph Ellison
  26. Seize the Day – Saul Bellow
  27. One Hundred Years of Solitude – Gabriel García Márquez
  28. If on a winter’s night a traveler – Italo Calvino
  29. Song of Solomon – Toni Morrison
  30. White Noise – Don Delillo
  31. Possession – A.S. Byatt

Just seven more titles to go!


Hope you're having a lovely winter.

Love,
Adriana

P.S.

Don't forget to listen to Mozart and eat a piece of chocolate cake today. :-)




14 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Classical Quest! I hope you enjoy your cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious, Jean! Thank you so much for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  2. Happy blogiversary, Adriana! I'm very impressed by your reading list: there are quite a few there I've never read so I'll have to do something about that in 2015. I hope you (and your family, if you share!) enjoy the chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeannie! Yes, I shared . . .and by bedtime there was not a crumb to be found! My kids were thrilled to have a reason -- any reason whatever -- to eat cake. :-)

      Delete
  3. I've read a few of the books you've crossed off, but none of the ones still to come. Of those, I've been meaning to check The Invisible Man out of the library for a while now, so I'[m looking forward to what you think of it.

    Glad you're back writing, and it was good to hear from Joe on FB yesterday!

    Cheers,
    Tim

    P.S. Mozart and I used to have joint birthday parties. He played the piano for the guests. I brought the pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey game. Oh the fun times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Invisible Man is up next and I'm looking forward to it too, Tim. Thanks for welcoming me back to the blogosphere!

      P.S. You & Mozart? smh :-)

      Delete
  4. Happy Blogiversary, Adriana!!!! Congratulations on your progress. I am so excited for you. Enjoy your cake and have a piece for me. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth! I was touched by your FB post today. Thank you for cheering me on. I'm so glad we're on this journey together! :-)

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary! :) Good for you for making a bunch of progress on your list! I stopped at The Great Gatsby and for some reason skipped ahead to read 100 Years of Solitude, and stopped after that. Hmm, I'm tempted to join you for Invisible Man. You are the one who inspired me to start reading the classics, so it would be fun to read "with" you again. :) How did you feel about the last several books --any that you especially liked? Blessings and love to you! You and your blog have meant a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sandy. Your encouragement means a lot to me! :-)

      Looking back over the list now . . . I'd say Huck Finn was the last one I really relished. The last several have been very interesting experiences though.

      I'd love for you to read along with me any time!

      Delete
  6. Happy blogiversary. Enjoy reflecting on your journey today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being my faithful cheerleader, Christine. :-)

      P.S. I've postponed my surgery so maybe can plan another Classical Quest adventure this spring!

      Delete
  7. Happy blogiversary! Well done! And good work on your list, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I read each one and try to respond within 24 hrs. If you choose to comment anonymously, please leave your first name, pen name, or nickname in the comment box along with your comment. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Blessings,

Adriana