Saturday, October 17, 2015

A Feast of Encouragement

Dear Friends, 

I had planned to write an original post today and then my three year old started vomiting last night; so instead, I'll be disinfecting the house and offering my little one sips of Pedialite. 

But in the spirit of resourcefulness and the desire to stay more connected with my blog community, I've decided to share a comment I left at my friend Tim's blog the other day. 

After you read my comment, head over to Tim's place and read his post, "How to Comfort Those Who Are Hurting."



Tim asked this question:

How have you been comforted and encouraged by a person God put in your life?

Recovering in bed at my aunt's house after surgery.

Tim, The most recent time that comes to mind was after my surgery when I went to stay at my Aunt Bonita’s house. She wasn’t able to take off work for more than a day and she was concerned about leaving me alone in the house while she and my uncle were away for several hours. I heard some commotion in the kitchen as I drifted off to sleep that night in her guest bedroom -- the rattling of pots and pans — that sort of thing.
The next morning I woke up alone in soft, clean, white bedding. There was a fortress of coolers around the sides of the bed. I crawled across the comforter and peered inside them. There was yogurt, fruit, muffins, a salad, a turkey sandwich and bottles of cold water. Next to the bed was a small vase of flowers from my Aunt’s garden and a thermos of hot coffee! Every need had been considered and tended to in advance. I felt so loved!
I called to thank her and told her I felt like Sara Crewe in a Little Princess when she and her friend Becky awaken to a feast which had been secretly prepared for them by a compassionate neighbor.
Now it's your turn: how have you been comforted or encouraged lately?
I'd love to know.
Love,
A

4 comments:

  1. That WAS a feast, Adriana -- so thoughtful and loving of your aunt to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not have gone through my procedures without their help, Jeannie. Then they went over and above with special acts of kindness & love! I'm deeply grateful to them.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you brought that comment to your blog, Adriana, because it is one of the best examples of practical encouragement that I've ever heard of. And to answer your question about when I've been encouraged lately, I'm going to go with your linking to my blog here. It was a nice surprise to see first thing this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim, I could keep my blog floating for a long time with content I've left in your comments section over the last few years! Once I even searched your blog for my grandmother's cobbler recipe because I knew I had left it there and I couldn't find my hand written copy! Glad you were encouraged. :-)

      Delete

Comments make my day! I read each one and try to respond within 24 hrs. If you choose to comment anonymously, please leave your first name, pen name, or nickname in the comment box along with your comment. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Blessings,

Adriana