Wednesday, October 14, 2015

I'm walking again!

Dear Friends,

Where to begin?
It's been so long since I've posted anything that I'm not sure if anyone will even read this!

After months of recovery, I'm now back on my feet and moving forward. Last week I walked a mile for the first time since my surgery -- and let me tell you -- It felt like an enormous accomplishment. I could not believe how sore and tired I felt after I finished. I soaked in a chamomile epsom salt bath until the water was cold! But the experience of walking down a country road fills my senses in a way nothing else can. I've missed it very much.

Since then I've walked the same route every day. Each time I feel a little less sore and a little bit stronger! Still, I bought three bags of epsom salts at the grocery store to be prepared for the worst aches and pains.


You can expect my quest to focus on healthy living in the coming months because that is what I'm into presently. A year of therapy has helped me emerge from a debilitating depression. My feet have been reshaped by my surgeon and restored by time. Now I'm eager to more forward to a stronger, brighter future.

You can also expect me to write more about educating children. I'm now homeschooling my daughters, ages twelve and three years, and of course I still help my three sons with homework in the evenings -- a task that can take up to two hours!

Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Your busy, yet happy friend,

Adriana

P.S. I just started the last book on my WEM fiction listPossession by A.S. Byatt. Looking forward to starting autobiographies soon!

14 comments:

  1. Glad to read your update, Adriana - you've been through a lot but I'm hoping for a brighter future for you, too. And I always enjoy seeing your pictures and updates on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your constant friendship, Jeannie. Your encouragement has been no small thing to me. I'm glad FB has kept us connected! :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad to see you feeling healthy again! I hope there will be more posts in future. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Jean! :-) Yes, It's time to get my groove back!

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear where you are in the journey.
    Ahh, reading, I stopped keeping up with the reading list... I will begin again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's still something you feel you want to do, I'm sure you'll work your way through it when the time is right! :-) Keep me posted!

      Delete
  4. SO now both feet are done with surgeries, right? Woo-hoo and excelsior!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, both feet are done! It really does feel like a huge accomplishment! :-D

      Delete
  5. Hi Adrianna, You bet I read this! I was so excited to see something from you that I broke my rule of not reading anything before breakfast! I'm so glad that you are through your season of surgery and recovery, and I look forward to reading about healthy living. Will you be writing at all about the therapy that helped you through depression? I'd love to dialog with you about that. Love in Christ, Maureen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You slipped me in before breakfast, Maureen?! I feel honored. :-) Honestly I wasn't planning to write anything about therapy, but your request has made me reconsider. For now I'll say this: it wasn't pretty. It was very tough. There were other factors that have helped me as well. Yes, I will write about my experience -- especially if you think it will be helpful!
      Love & Prayers!

      Delete
  6. Well done, glad you're recovering! And it's nice to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little late - my life has been super crazy - but I'm so excited to see you back again and reading from TWEM list. Really glad to hear that you are progressing in your recovery. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to apologize, Ruth. I'm happy to hear from you anytime! Yes, STILL slowly plodding along through the WEM fiction list. You've left me in the dust! :-)

      Delete

Comments make my day! I read each one and try to respond within 24 hrs. If you choose to comment anonymously, please leave your first name, pen name, or nickname in the comment box along with your comment. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Blessings,

Adriana